Friday, January 3, 2014

Best Shamanic Journey Ever

I usually don’t share my shamanic journeys but this one was special and because I haven’t written much lately I thought that those of you who read me deserve a little view into my journey life.  I won’t share all of the messages that I received, those are private, but my shamanic journey was one of my most wonderful every.  Hope you enjoy.

12:09 (lunch time) I laid on the bed, covered with a blanked and covered my eyes with a couple of new handkerchiefs.   I had placed a six-sided, clear as glass, Tibetan quartz crystal on my chest.  I had decided to use my tree entry into the lower world and crossed the street and walked into the forest on the other side.   I was listening to a Michael Drake 15 minute drum track on my iPod.  Rather than walking I immediately started to move forward in what I assume was a Native American dance; something I had never done before.  I arrived at my tree and danced around it three times before entering the opening at the bottom of the trunk.  I grabbed onto a root and spun around it while quickly moving downwards.  Almost immediately I arrived at the dark end of a tunnel, hit a torch that was leaning on the tunnel wall against the rocks of the tunnel and it sprung to fire.  With that in my hand I started to dance once again down the length of the tunnel.  I don’t know what I did with the torch when I arrived at the other side, I just didn’t have it any more.  I was meet by Deer and Hummingbird.  I put my hand on Deer’s back and turned and spoke to Hummingbird.  I told it that I wanted to visit the spirit of my quartz crystal.  It said, “This way.”

I danced down a curving path until, around a corner I came face-to-face with a glass-like, translucent, female, elf-like being.  She was slender and about five feet tall.  I asked her if she was the spirit of my quartz crystal and she nodded “yes”.  I then asked if I could hear her voice.  She opened her mouth and a sound came out that I can only describe as a feeling rather than a sound.  I’m from Colorado and use to hike in the Rocky Mountains.  Her voice sounded like the water rushing in a refreshing, snow-melt stream.  The kind of stream that is so cold that it hurts to stand barefooted in it but is incredibly refreshing when you drink it.  I asked her if she had a message and she nodded “yes” again and then opened her mouth and the refreshing feeling came rushing out again.  I thanked her and asked if I could visit with her again and once again she nodded “yes” and then faded away.

I turned to Hummingbird and thanked him.  I then asked if he could help me find the spirit of petrified wood.  I have been collecting rocks since I was six years old and still have the mental image of the first piece of petrified wood that I ever found.  Hummingbird said, “This way.” and rather than proceeding down the path I was flying with or on Hummingbird.  We darted in what appeared to be a random path inches above a field of green; not grass but more like patches of green moss on top of rocks.  I had a mental image of what the spirit of Petrified Wood would look like.  I was expected something squat and heavy.  I was wrong.

We came upon a tall, tall spirit being. It was slender and so tall that I was surprised to be able to see his face.  He was supple and bending back and forth slowly like a tree bending in a breeze.  I said, “Hello spirit of Petrified Wood, I am David.”  The tree responded with an unexpected voice.  I had expected a booming, gravelly sound and was wrong again.  The spirit had a voice like the wind.  It responded with, “I know who you are.  I have been with you your entire life.”   I asked Petrified Wood what it was like to be a rock and he responded, “I use to be a tree, now I am a rock.  Everything transitions.  Everything changes.  Don’t fight change, be free, go with the flow.” continued to sway back and forth.  I asked if I could give him a hug and expected to hug his leg.  He said, “Yes” and bent down, lifted me up to his neck and I hugged his neck, so high in the sky I could hardly see the ground below.  We swayed back and forth for the longest time and I felt like I was six years old again.  He finally put me down and I asked if I could visit him again, to which he responded, “No need, I am always with you.”

The drum was calling me back.  Rather than repeating the Native American dance that had taken me to the Lower World I did handsprings, not a conscious choice and I’m too old and with a bad back to try this for real, I just did it all the way back to the tunnel, through the tunnel and then shot up through the earth, paying no attention the root that I had rode down and about 20 feet up into the air and then landed softly on the ground.  I removed the covering from my eyes, opened them slowly and was back.

Best journey every!


Post Script . . . I went for a walk in the forest after lunch with my wife.  When we got to "my tree" I asked her if there was anything unusual about the tree.  She said, “No, but it looks like someone has been running around the tree.  See how the leaves are all crushed in a circle around the tree.”  Interesting . . . 

No comments: