Sunday, February 16, 2014

Energy: A Shamanic View



From the shamanic point of view everything has energy, in fact, it would be fair to say that we are all whirling fields of energy.  You and I are energetic beings, so are our friends and neighbors, and the trees and flowers that I am anxiously waiting to see bud after the snow storm this weekend.  The desk that I am sitting at is also made of energy. 

This means that our energy fields interact with all the energy fields around us.  Have you ever thought that we are swimming through an ocean of energy?  Just think about all of the radio waves that we "swim" through.  Your radio picks up one radio station because that is the frequency that it is tuned to but there are thousands of other frequencies in the air all bombarding us with their energy.

As humans we like to put things into little boxes and categorize them.  This goes here, that goes there.  Maybe it is part of the dualistic view of the world that most seem to have. However, energy is not good or bad, it is just energy.  The way that energy is used, the way that it is directed causes energy to have good or bad effects.  You are probably walked into a room and sensed the energy that had infused the space. The energy may have felt good and uplifting, or it might have felt heavy and depressing.  Learn to sense the energy around you.

What happens when water gets backed up and and no longer flows?  You have probably seen stagnant, putrid, smelly water.  The same thing happens with energy.  When energy is blocked it begins to stagnate.  One of the reasons that I do QiGong every morning after greeting Pachamama (Mother Earth) and Intitayta (Father Sky) is to make sure that my energy is flowing.

To stay in tune with nature, our environment and the universe it is important to monitor our energy and our energetic relationships.  One of the easiest ways to stay centered and not to be influenced by the energy around us to stretch, take a deep breath, and smile.  This is a wonderfully simple way to stay grounded.  I always keep a couple of black tourmaline crystals in my pocket to absorb negative energy (I think that I need to write a blog about Black Tourmaline) and wear a clear quartz crystal over by heart chakra to protect it.  I also have a small gong bowl in my office that I ring every day when I enter and several times during the day to break up and stagnant energy and cause it to reform.

I'll write more about energy in my next blog.  I have gotten over the "shock" of the semester starting and have all of my classes under control so I'll be blogging more frequently again.  Thanks for reading, your presence sends me positive energy and I thank you.




No comments: