Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Muffins

I wait all year for summer so that I can eat tons and tons of, yes really, zuchinni.  I eat them sauted in olive oil  with onions and a little tumeric.  I love a crip zuchinni/tomato/fetta cheese salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  But, one of my favorites is to use zuchinni to make vegie muffins:

                                                                          Vegie Muffins

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F  (200 degrees C)

Mix together:

2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

Then add:

1 cup whole milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 large egg (or 2 medium)
4 oz butter (½ stick)  -- Please use real butter
1 Cup shredded zuchinni

Pour mixture into a greased muffin pan or use paper cupcake inserts (ouch . . . you will miss out on the yummy crust).

Bake for 20 minutes

Enjoy . . . one or two of these makes a great summer lunch.

No comments: