Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It's Not Mysterious . . . But It's Good

It has been a while since I have put on my ND hat to write a blog, and actually this morning I was going to write about shamanic soul retrieval.  That will have to wait.  I came across an article this morning that you need to read.  It is titled, "Mysterious Honey That Kills All Bacteria Scientists Throw At It".  You can find the study here

The honey is made, obviously by bees, from the tea tree.  Now tea tree oil is one of nature's wonders.  I keep a big bottle of tea tree oil in my medicine cabinet, a vial in my backpacking first-aid kit, and another vial in my bike bag.  Tea Tree oil is a very powerful immune stimulant that helps to fight infections.  I use it in place of antibacterial ointments.

An aside on being a parent . . .  A couple of years ago I was on a bike ride with my sons and Ernie, then about 7 years old, took a bad spill going down a gravel road.  It was one of those, "Look dad, I'm going really fast . . . crash" moments.  Amid his tears I washed his scrapes off with water from my water bottle and told him, "You will be fine."  He responded, "Dad, where is my bandaid?  I need a bandaid."  I responded that I didn't have one with me and he told me in no uncertain terms, "Dad its your responsibility to always have some bandaids with you."  I thought about it and decided that he was right, it was my responsibility to be prepared.  Now I always have a couple of bandaids in my wallet, and first-aid kits in the car, bike, kayak, canoe, backpack, house and in my office.  Be prepared.

I have told you before that I get most of my herbal supplies from Swanson Vitamins.  Same disclaimer as in the past . . . I don't work for and receive any compensation from Swanson . . . its just the place that I like to shop, especially since the health food store here in my town closed due to lack of customers . . . says a lot about this town. 

Swanson sells a variety of tea tree honey, usually called "Manuka" honey.  You can also find tea tree oil on their web site.  Check it out, do your own research and then be prepared.

No comments: