Monday, February 20, 2012

Stress Relief

After teaching three classes and sitting through a 90 minute faculty meeting this afternoon I was ready for some stress relief . . . the kind that comes from a bottle.  No, not that kind of a bottle!  I was thinking about Rescue Remedy followed later, once the boys are all in bed, with a good meditation session.

Rescue Remedy is probably the most popular of all of the Bach Flower Remedies.  It contains five flower essences:
  • Chery Plum -- for feelings of desperation
  • Rock Rose -- to ease terror, fear or panic
  • Impatiens -- to soothe irritability and adjitation
  • Clematis -- to conteract the tendency to drift away from the present
  • Star of Bethlehem -- to address the mental and physical symptoms of shock
I really needed some Clematis after the faculty meeting had drug on for over an hour and I realized that I was physically present in the meeting but that my mind was far, far away.  About fifteen minutes later I felt the need for Impatiens after had I started to count how many minutes of my life have been wasted in non-productive meetings.  Oh well, the meeting finally ended.

Rescue Remedy can be used to help create a safe mental sanctuary.  It is often used after an accident, argument, trying event or even surgery.  It is the only Bach Flower Remedy that is taken neat, that is, straight from the bottle.  Although you can add four drops to a glass of water I prefer to place four drops under my tongue.  You can follow up by adding four drops to a glass of water and sipping it until you feel better.  After using Rescue Remedy to help you overcome stress or shock you might want to review the other Bach Flower Remedies in one of my earlier posts and create a combination to help you move forward.

You can purchase Resuce Remedy from any well-stock natural health store or make your own by adding 2 drops of each flower essence to 1 fluid ounce of brandy. 

To your health . . .

No comments: